Registration for the 2017-2018 school year is now available. Please click here for details and all information.
We believe a Jewish education for every person is indispensable if we are to fully experience the values of Jewish life and ideas and claim our Jewish heritage joyfully. In order to truly become a people of peace, the following goals have been adopted:
- Develop and enhance spiritual and ethical sensitivity so our actions and attitudes reflect ethical teachings of Judaism.
- Impart a knowledge of Jewish history, literature and culture necessary and develop an understanding of, and take pride in, the contributions of Jews and Judaism to world civilization.
- Develop an understanding of Hebrew necessary for rich, meaningful and intellectual Jewish living.
- Develop the ability and encourage the desire to practice Jewish observance in the home.
- Provide a wide range of group activities and observances through which our students may experience the satisfaction and inspiration of Jewish living.
- Develop an interest and a desire to participate in local, national and world Jewish affairs, to take leadership positions in Jewish life, and to contribute toward the fulfillment of a just society and a united humankind.
- Develop an awareness of Jewish theology and the continuing struggle to define the nature of the Deity and its relationship to humankind. Develop knowledge, understanding and appreciation of Jewish worship and prayer and participate and find meaning in prayer.
- Develop knowledge of and a bond with ancient and modern Israel.
- Instill a love of learning, maximize inquiry, and encourage lifelong Jewish study.
Our religious school experience builds towards confirmation at the end of tenth grade. Below, check out a video of our confirmation class of 5775 sharing their spiritual autobiographies at our confirmation service.